My No. 25


There's a local Bar-B-Q joint in town that has a daily trivia question. If you get the question right, you win a free banana pudding. I don't want to brag, ok I will, I get them right at least 50% of the time. And their pretty tough to. But with my vast knowledge of all things irrelevant, I have pretty good luck with them. Today was no exception.

My father-in-law dropped by the office today and offered to take me out to lunch. So being the good son-in-law that I am, I obliged. We chose Prissy Polly's, the above mentioned Bar-B-Q place. I guess since it's the NBA playoffs, they wanted to toss out a basketball question. The trivia was this: "Which college did San Antonio Spur Robert Horry play for?". You have got to be kidding me. I'm sure they thought this was a tough question by the way the cashier looked at me when I dropped the answer on her, but little did she know that yours truly has a No. 25 Robert Horry Houston Rockets jersey hanging in my closet.

Robert Horry is one of my all time favorite players and the college he played for was.......Alabama.

Why do I like Horry so much? When I was in college, my friend and I use to play NBA 'Live '95 on Sega everyday. I was always Houston because Horry could rain 3's on that game. When a local sporting goods store was going out of business and had his jersey maked down to 80% off, I jumped at it.

Good ol' No. 25. Still raining 3's and winning me some banana pudding.

Now for some Robert Horry facts:

- Leads all active players with six NBA titles
- One of just 12 players in NBA history with six or more NBA championships
- Just the second player in NBA history to win a title with three different teams
- Has appeared in the playoffs all 13 NBA seasons and has never been knocked out in the first round
- Ranks third in NBA playoff history in games and ranks second in three-pointers made
- Leads all active players in career postseason games (198), three-pointers made (237) and steals (255)
- Ranks in the top 10 active playoff leaders in points (sixth with 1,784), rebounds (third with 1,211), assists (fourth with 527), blocks (sixth with 187) and minutes (second with 6,084)
- Holds the NBA playoff record for the most 3PT-FG made without a miss connecting on 7-of-7 from downtown at Utah on 5/6/97
- Is the Finals all-time leader in three-pointers made (53) and attempted (135 )
- Holds the record for the most minutes played in a four-game Finals series (187 in 1995)
- Set a Finals record for the highest 3PT-FG percentage in a seven-game series with a .484 (15-31) mark in 2005
- Shares - with Penny Hardaway - the Finals record for the most threes made in a four-game Finals series (11 in 1995)
- Set the NBA Finals record for the most steals in a single game recording 7 at Orlando on 6/9/95
- Holds the Rockets franchise record for most 3PT-FG made in a game hitting 9-of-12 at Cleveland on 2/22/96
- Named to the NBA All-Rookie Second Team in 1993

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My "Crazy Love" Small Group Discussion Questions

Her Story: Does Satan really exist? Many United Methodists see evil as more subtle.

My Office Quotes: Goodbye, Toby (Plus my thoughts on the Finale and Office Spin-off news)