My Meeting With The Man Who Might Be President: Mike Huckabee (Part One)

Last week my friend Ginger emailed to say she was going to attend a Mike Huckabee fundraiser in Greensboro. The "gathering" is a $100-$2,000 per person event. Needless to say I didn't have the money to join her. So on a hunch I emailed the Huckabee folks and told them who I was (a young Baptist pastor) what I did (youth, college, and young adult ministry) and what I've done (served as a presidential volunteer when President Bush came to Kernersville in 2005 - you can read all about that in my blog archive for December '05) I also told them that I'd love the opportunity to meet Mike but there was no way I could afford the cost of the gathering. The Huckabee folks emailed back and said they would pass my email along to the fundraiser host and if they would/could let me join them then they would be in touch. A week went by with no word and to be honest I had forgotten all about it. Then yesterday I receive an email from the fundraiser host informing me that that would love for me to join them tonight.

So in less than an hour I'll be heading out to meet Mike Huckabee and hangout with some people I'd probably never have the chance of sharing company with. The cool thing is it is being held at someones home. So there is a very good chance I'll get to not only meet Mike but chat with him one-on-one.

I'll fill everyone in tomorrow on how my night with Huck goes.

FYI: Mike Huckabee is now leading in the polls in several states including Iowa which will hold the first presidential primary in just over 3 weeks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My "Crazy Love" Small Group Discussion Questions

Her Story: Does Satan really exist? Many United Methodists see evil as more subtle.

My Office Quotes: Goodbye, Toby (Plus my thoughts on the Finale and Office Spin-off news)