The Streak is Over, Movie Reviews (Bolt & 7 Pounds), and more mindless thoughts...

The Streak

Jerry: Oh, I'm gonna puke.
Bania: Puke? That's a funny word. Can I use that?

Some people go through life surprised when they don't puke every time they get sick. I'm not one of those people. I hadn't thrown-up in over 25 years...until Tuesday night. There has been this a nasty stomach bug going around that leaves you head over toilet for several hours. Then as quickly as it arrives it's gone. Once Beth woke up with it Tuesday morning I knew it was just a matter of time before my streak was over. 25 years down the drain.


JERRY: Uh, wa?
ELAINE: What's the matter with you?
JERRY: Uh, I don't feel so good.
ELAINE: What's wrong?
JERRY: My stomach, I , I think it was that cookie.
ELAINE: The black and white?
JERRY: Yeah.
ELAINE: Not getting along?
JERRY: I think I got David Duke and Fahrikan down there.
ELAINE: Well if we can't look to the cookie where can we look?
JERRY: I feel like I'm going to throw up.
ELAINE: Hey, what about your vomit streak?
JERRY: I know, I haven't thrown up since June 29th, 1980.
JERRY: Fourteen years down the drain.

Movie Reviews

Bolt: If you loved Kung-Fu Panda and Cars then you will LOVE Bolt. Those two animated movies are two of my all-time favorites and Bolt is as good as them. very funny, great story, quick enough paced that it kept my 5 year-olds attention, and a terrific ending. This is a must-see film for the holidays. 4 Stars

7 Pounds: I'm a huge Will Smith fan you you will be hard pressed to find me ever saying anything negative about one of his films. But this one will might do it. The storyline was great and very original. It was extremely thought provoking as it brings up many moral dilemmas and the acting was solid. What ruined this film for me was the length. It was a 90 min film stretched into a 2 hour snoozer. The director spent way to much time on some of the characters and not nearly enough on others. Example - Woody Harrelson has about 5 min of total screen time in the whole movie. And then there's the kid that plays a major role in the ending that you literally see on scene for about 30 sec total before that. Also, There is supposed to be a major twist in the end that quote, "no one will see coming" but both Beth and I had the movie figured out completely in the first 15 min. If you enjoyed "Pursuit of Happyness" then count on this film is a notch below that. On a side note: Is there a movie Will makes now where he doesn't have a cry-it-out / break down scene? 2 1/2 Stars

Fantasy Football

So after making the playoffs in all 4 of my leagues I only made it to 1 championship game and after last nights Colt's victory I am already getting killed in that one. Dang you Peyton Manning and Dallas Clark.

The Return of Shakespeare
My favorite local bookstore reopened last week better then ever. Shakespeare and Co. (www.shakespeareinkernersville.com) opened back on 2006 as a bookstore with a coffee shop too. The original shop was located next to our post office but now the owners have bought a new spot in the newly remodeled factory right next to our church. This time they are focusing more on the coffee / cafe aspect and less on the books. If you're in Kernersville you have to stop by and check this place out. It is terrific.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My "Crazy Love" Small Group Discussion Questions

Her Story: Does Satan really exist? Many United Methodists see evil as more subtle.

My Office Quotes: Goodbye, Toby (Plus my thoughts on the Finale and Office Spin-off news)