My Fair Results


Shutout. 0-5 in pictures and 0-2 in collections. I was a bit disappointed none of our stuff placed but I can say for the most part, the entries that won deserved it. Jeremy, you would like to know that there was only 1 picture of a mountain reflecting in a lake in the top 5 landscapes. Oh well, there is always next year. I know I will be going back to my bread and butter, magnets, as I look to reclaim my 1st place ribbon. I also have a new idea for my baseball card collection that might bring home a ribbon there also.

The day wasn't a total wash. Beth, the kids, and I had a blast seeing the exhibits, watching Jacob enjoy some rides (and Maria's first merry go round), and enjoying some good old fashion funnel cake. I'll be back up there 2 more times as I will be volunteering for WBFJ. On Tuesday I will be working there booth and on Wed. I will be working the Jars of Clay Concert. That night I'll be selling merchandise for the band so I hope that will get me a chance to meet them.

If you live in the Triad area, I highly suggest you take in the Dixie Classic Fair. It's only $7.00 to get in and next wed. if you bring 5 cans of Lowes Foods brand food you get in free.

Comments

John Hill said…
Thanks Michael for volunteering at the fair...and all you do to help WBFJ....

Popular posts from this blog

My "Crazy Love" Small Group Discussion Questions

Her Story: Does Satan really exist? Many United Methodists see evil as more subtle.

My Office Quotes: Goodbye, Toby (Plus my thoughts on the Finale and Office Spin-off news)