My Favorite Broadway Shows (updated 5.8.16)


Over the past several years, my wife Beth and I have had the privilege to take in many of the top touring Broadway shows around as they've visited the Blumenthal Performing Arts Center in Charlotte, NC and DPAC in Durham, NC. 

This is a list of my favorites, from best to worst. This list is just my opinion. I realize that most people would disagree with the placement of every show on my list. I know there are some legendary shows that are pretty far down my list but honestly they just didn't do it for me. Some really surprised me at how good or great they were while others simply did not live up to the hype. 

This list will be continually updated.
  1. Wicked
  2. Motown
  3. Book of Mormon
  4. Rock of Ages
  5. The Last Ship
  6. Annie
  7. Sister Act
  8. War Horse
  9. Catch Me If You Can
  10. Beauty and the Beast
  11. Newsies
  12. Billy Elliot
  13. 42nd Street
  14. Mama Mia
  15. Peter and the Starcatcher
  16. We Will Rock You
  17. Once
  18. Jekyll and Hyde
  19. Pippen 
  20. Les Miserables
  21. Sleeping Beauty
  22. The Lion King
  23. Phantom of the Opera
  24. Dirty Dancing
  25. Porgy and Bess
  26. Traces

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My "Crazy Love" Small Group Discussion Questions

Her Story: Does Satan really exist? Many United Methodists see evil as more subtle.

My Office Quotes: Goodbye, Toby (Plus my thoughts on the Finale and Office Spin-off news)