My Update (DNC Edition)

What is the "DNC" edition? It's my tribute to the Democratic National Convention. I'm going to say a lot but nothing of substance.

Speaking of the DNC, It still blows my mind how the Democratic party can screw this up so bad. All they had to do was roll out a corpse and he/she would have killed anyone the Republicans put up. But after Michelle Obama's stale speech, Hillary's canned speech, and Bill busy reminding everyone there of the "good old days", the only clear message is that this party is a mess. This convention is setting up as the first in history where the presidential candidate will come out of it with little or no "bounce". At this rate, McCain will win by 20pts in November.

I tuned 34 earlier this month. I got a Wii for my birthday. So far so fun. Beth and the kids enjoy it as much as I do. Even if I do destroy Beth in tennis or knock her out in boxing.

I'm hooked on a great "new" show (new to me). The show is "Dexter" and it's one of the best written shows on tv.

Beth and I watched a great movie the other night. "Zodiac". It came out in '07 and follows the trues story of the Zodiac killer. A little long, 2 hr 45 min but every second is a great watch. 4 Stars

3 of my 4 fantasy football teams have been drafted. So far so good. I'm feeling a couple of undefeated seasons.

My fantasy baseball leagues are not doing so well. This is the final week of the regular season and I'm barely hanging on to the last playoff spot in each league.

Out of the mouth of babes: Tonight Maria said her, "stomach has a head ache".

Jacob turned 5 yesterday. I can't believe he is already that old. Where did the time go. I really don't want him to grow up.

We all went to Kings Dominion last week. Jacob has no fear. He rode every ride he could. Even one that I was a bit scared on he was cool and calm. When I asked him if he was scared he just looked at me and said, "daddy we're buckled in". Maria on the other hand was scared on some rides. Specifically the log flumes and the Scooby Doo roller coaster.

Upcoming football season predictions: Wake Forest 10-2 & Carolina Panthers 9-7

Comments

Unknown said…
You are a liar! I knock you out at boxing! And I am getting better at tennis. And I kick your butt at bowling!

Popular posts from this blog

My "Crazy Love" Small Group Discussion Questions

Her Story: Does Satan really exist? Many United Methodists see evil as more subtle.

My Office Quotes: Goodbye, Toby (Plus my thoughts on the Finale and Office Spin-off news)