Catalyst 2009: Andy Stanley (session one)

Andy Stanley
Lead Pastor, North Point Comunity Church
http://www.northpoint.org/

Key Thought: Every Leader leaves a mark. What kind will I leave?
Key Passage: Joshua 5:13-15

"It’s really not about who’s for you or against you – it’s really about who you are for."

Simply put, are you and I willing to submit our skills, abilities, opportunities, my person to God and His bigger story? God was in effect saying to Joshua, “I have not come to be a part YOUR story. I want YOU to become a part of MY story!”

When Joshua was near the town of Jericho, he looked up and saw a man standing in front of him with sword in hand. Joshua went up to him and demanded, “Are you friend or foe?” “Neither one,” he replied. “I am the commander of the Lord ’s army.” Joshua 5:13-14

The commander of the Lord’s army answered, “Neither”. Why? Because it’s not about who’s your friend or who’s your foe. It’s about who you are for. Are you for God and His plan? Is He Lord over your life? Are you wanting His mark to be made through you or are you just wanting to make your piddly little mark?

“God takes full responsibility for the life wholly devoted to Him” - Charles Stanley

"You need to settle once and for all why you do what you do and who your doing it for…Living to make my mark is to small a thing to give my life to…so, let’s give our lives to leaving His mark!" - Andy Stanley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My "Crazy Love" Small Group Discussion Questions

Her Story: Does Satan really exist? Many United Methodists see evil as more subtle.

My Office Quotes: Goodbye, Toby (Plus my thoughts on the Finale and Office Spin-off news)