My 2006 Book List

I've never been much of a reader. ( Well except for sports magazines and comic books) I've always been the, "Why read when you can watch it on TV" kind of guy. That was until I married Beth. I think she has made it her life goal to get me to read more and watch TV & movies less. After almost eight years of marriage I guess it's finally working. When Aaron and I were at the Thirsty Conference a few weeks ago, one of the speakers said he made a goal this year to read 30 books. I was like, "Wow! I've not read 30 books in my life". So when I got home I started thinking of how many books I've read this year alone and to be honest, the number really surprised me. Below is the list of the books I have read or I'm currently reading in '06:

1) Velvet Elvis - Rob Bell
2) Visioneering - Andy Stanley
3) Through Painted Desserts - Donald Miller
4) Three - Ted Dekker
5) Seven Principles of Effective Ministry - Andy Stanley
6) The Naked Christian - Craig Borlase
7) The World According To Mister Rogers - Fred Rogers
8) Stop Dating the Church - Joshua Harris (re-read)
9) House - Frank Peritte & Ted Dekker
10) It Came From Within - Andy Stanley
11) The Unquenchable Worshipper - Matt Redman
12) To Own A Dragon - Donald Miller
13) Prince Caspian (Chronicles of Narnia: Book 4) - C.S. Lewis
14) Generous Orthodoxy - Brian McLaren

Given the current book reading roll I'm on, I've decided to set a reading goal for myself: 25 books in '06. I'll keep you updated on how my progress is going.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My "Crazy Love" Small Group Discussion Questions

My Resonse To Tony Nolan

Her Story: Does Satan really exist? Many United Methodists see evil as more subtle.