To many books not enough time or "Everyday I Write the Book" - Elvis Costello

I use to only be able to focus on one book at a time. I eventually built up to where I was able to read two at once. That was about the max my simple mind could handle. Then came this summer and the flood of books I wanted to read started to pile up. As the pile grew larger my appetite for reading wasn't being quenched. I'd start a book and would really enjoy it but for whatever reason it wouldn't satisfy my literature cravings. So now I'm left with a stack of unfinished books ranging from spiritual to historical to fiction. I've decided my goal is to finish all of my current stack before the end of the year (and not to take on any more new reading).

I'm currently reading to following books:
Vintage Jesus by Mark Driscol
Tweleve Ordinary Men by John MacArthur
Pearl Harbor by Allen Seiden
Blink by Malcolm Gladwell
Lincoln - A man of faith and courage by Joe Wheeler
Running on Empty by Fil Anderson
Dearly Devoted Dexter by Jeff Lindsay

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hey Mike!

I loved Vintage Jesus. Driscoll has a new one coming out entitled "Death by Love" on September 30th. He's also supposed to continue the Vintage series with Vintage Church set to hit shelves in January. I love his humor and just recently finished his "Confessions of a Reformission Rev." Quite good.
Mike G. said…
I'm about half way through Vintage Jesus and so far I love it. I've read all of Driscoll's stuff with Confessions being my favorite.
Brent said…
I think you know I don't read much, but I've been getting into it more and more lately. Anyhow, I was wondering if you could finish "Vintage Jesus" first so I could start reading it? I just finished "Velvet Elvis", so I need a new book now.

Popular posts from this blog

My "Crazy Love" Small Group Discussion Questions

Her Story: Does Satan really exist? Many United Methodists see evil as more subtle.

My Office Quotes: Goodbye, Toby (Plus my thoughts on the Finale and Office Spin-off news)