My Spiderman 3 Review

After amassing a collection of over several thousand Spiderman comics along with a few hundred figures and other Spidey items, I guess you could say that I’m a bit more then a casual Spiderman fan. When the first movie came out it was all I thought it would / could be and more. The second film was a bit of a let down so I really didn’t know what to expect out of number three. I stayed away from reading any reviews on it so I could go in fresh and judge it with an open mind. So here is my Spiderman 3 review:

I won’t bore you with what the film is about, just what I liked & disliked.

Liked:
- The special effects are some of the if not the best I have ever seen.
- Topher Grace is perfect as “Eddie Brock / Venom”
- Thomas Haden Church is perfect as “Sandman”
- The final fight scene, which last over 30 min, is one of the best action sequences I’ve ever seen in a movie.
- The design and special effects of Venom was better then I thought was humanly possible.

Disliked:
- A little long (2 ½ hours) only because it was a bit slow in parts. But I guess for the $250 million it cost to make this film they wanted to get their money’s worth.
- To many story lines at once. They did a good job on all of them but at times it was a little much to try to follow.
- Aunt May. I’ve disliked her since the first movie.
- A few corny lines / scenes

Overall I thought it was better then the second and as good as the first. 3 ½ Stars

This made me begin to wonder, what are my 14 favorite superhero movies of all time......

1) Spiderman
2) Batman Begins
3) Spiderman 3
4) Superman Returns
5) X-Men 3
6) X-Men
7) Spiderman 2
8) X-Men 2
9) Unbreakable
10) Batman (1989)
11) The Incredibles
12) Superman 2
13) Superman
14) Batman Returns

Worst...
The Hulk
Fantastic Four
Daredevil
Elecktra
Any Batman movie after Michael Keaton
Superman 3 & 4

Comments

Kristie said…
Darryl's favorite part is when he was strutting down the street with emo hair and black eyeliner... cause apparently that’s sexy.

Popular posts from this blog

My "Crazy Love" Small Group Discussion Questions

Her Story: Does Satan really exist? Many United Methodists see evil as more subtle.

My Office Quotes: Goodbye, Toby (Plus my thoughts on the Finale and Office Spin-off news)