My Year In Review: The Books


For the next few weeks, I will be giving you my "Top (insert number)" list for a variety of things. From books, to movies, to trips, to purchases, I will list my personal favorites from 2006.

I've never been a big reader but for some reason this year it has become a new habit of mine. I've tried to read a diverse collection of books so not to get to burned out on one particular style or genre. I set a pretty ambitious goal (ambitious for me, maybe not for some) to read 24 books. I ended up reading 23, which still exceeds my total book count for my life up to this point.

The following list are my "Top Ten" books of '06:

#1 "Into The Wild" by Jon Krakauer
#2 "Confessions of a Reformission Rev." by Mark Driscoll
#3 "The Longest Winter: The Battle of the Bulge and the Epic Story of WWII's Most Decorated Platoon" by Alex Kershaw
#4 "To Own A Dragon" by Donald Miller
#5 "Into Thin Air" by Jon Krakauer
#5 "Velvet Elvis" by Rob Bell
#6 "Through Painted Desserts" by Donald Miller
#7 "The World According To Mister Rogers" by Fred Rogers
#8 "It Came From Within" by Andy Stanley
#9 "Radical Reformission" by Mark Driscoll
#10 "Prince Caspian (Chronicles of Narnia: Book 4)" by C.S. Lewis

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My "Crazy Love" Small Group Discussion Questions

Her Story: Does Satan really exist? Many United Methodists see evil as more subtle.

My Office Quotes: Goodbye, Toby (Plus my thoughts on the Finale and Office Spin-off news)