My Roofing Nail

I had a slow leak in one of my tires on my Explorer. Given that next week I would driving to Delaware, I thought it was as good a time as any to get it fixed and my tires rotated. I took it to "Cliff's Tire" in Kernersville where I buy all my tires. They are great people and treat their customers right. (as in free rotations and flat tire repairs for the life of the tires) As I got out of the Explorer and told the guy what was wrong, I noticed an older lady (65+) getting new tires on her Explorer. She must have overheard my conversation about a slow leak that needed fixing because she chimed in with the following conversation:

Lady: I hope you don't have a roofing nail in your tire. I just had three pulled out of mine.
Me: Yeah, I hope not.
Lady: Those roofing nails sure can damage a tire.
Me: Yeah, that's what I hear.

The lady gets in her car and drives off. The guys then jack mine up and begin rotating the tires and looking for the leak. The culprit is quickly found....A ROOFING NAIL! John Fulton was with me and we just looked at each other and died laughing. All we can figure is there is a gang of teenagers driving around Kernersville throwing out roofing nails on the roads and their known as the "Roofing Nail Mafia". Or maybe I just accidentally ran over a roofing nail.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My "Crazy Love" Small Group Discussion Questions

Her Story: Does Satan really exist? Many United Methodists see evil as more subtle.

My Office Quotes: Goodbye, Toby (Plus my thoughts on the Finale and Office Spin-off news)