My Random Observations

I'm finishing up reading "Into Thin Air" by Jon Krakauer. The book is his actual account of the Mt. Everest tragedy of 1996 when several climbers lost their lives on a climb he was a part of. It's a fascinating but sad read. From their first accent of the mountain you could see they were set up for disaster. I will give my full thoughts on it in a later blog.

Did you see where Pluto isn't a planet anymore? To me, once it's called a planet you have to leave it a planet, even if it's not. Kind of like a grandfather clause of astronomy.

The summer TV season is just about over which means the end to some really bad shows. One show that has caught my attention over the past few weeks is Rockstar: Supernova. I don't know why, but I just like it. I did catch a new show the other night that has a lot of potential. "Vanished" on Fox was actually really good. We'll see if they can keep it up.

Speaking of "Vanished", why do networks always have to copy one another. I saw a very similar show advertised on NBC called "Kidnapped". Last year it was three different alien (or aliean as Chris would spell it) shows that all bombed and were cancelled. What happened to original television?

The Xterra is still going great. It did give me a bit of a scare the other day when I filled up with gas. I noticed I got about 50 miles less on my tank then my Explorer got. I about freaked because of the horrible gas mileage I thought I was getting until I filled it up and saw that the Xterra's gas tank holds three gallons less then the Explorer.

I scared Beth pretty good the other night. Maybe the best in a while. She came home late after having dinner with her friend Ann. The kids were in bed and all the lights were off. She assumed I was asleep but really I was hiding in the closet. When she came in the bedroom I grabbed her and scared her so bad she threw her glass of water all over the place. Good times.

Jacob turns 3 on Saturday. He begins pre-school on Sept. 7th. which also is the Refinery's 3rd birthday.

The "Office" is on for 3 episodes tonight. One is "Michael's Birthday" which is cool because it falls between mine and Jacob's birthday. If you missed this episode the first time around, here is some great dialog from it:

Kevin: (after getting the results of his skin cancer test) It's negative!
Michael: (ripping off his homemade Livestrong bracelet) God! We're gonna beat this, OK? C'mere...(hugs Kevin)
[Later]Michael: Well apparently in the medicine community, negative means "good." Which makes absolutely no sense. In the real world community that would be chaos.

Michael: You know what the best medicine is?
Kevin: The doctor said a combination of Interferon and Dacarbazine.
Michael: And laughter.

Pam: If I knew that I had a week to live, I would proably go to Europe. And South America. And the Grand Canyon. And I would want to see the Pacific Ocean. It would be a pretty busy week.

Dwight: Why tip someone for a job I'm capable of doing myself? I can deliver food. I can drive a taxi. I can and do cut my own hair. I did however tip my urologist, because, I am unable to pulverise my own kidney stones.

Michael: Oh, fun fact. I share my birthday with Eva Longoria. So I have a perfect icebreaker if I ever meet Teri Hatcher.

(Creed, Dwight, Ryan, and Oscar are hoisting Michael up on a chair on the sales floor while Jim and Pam look on from the break room.)
Pam: I feel like we should go get Kevin something. Do you think we can sneak out of here?
Jim: Maybe...but we're going to need somebody to create a diversion...

Kelly: I never really thought about death until Princess Diana died. That was the saddest funeral ever. That and my sister's.

Dwight: Where have you been? And don't say the bathroom cause I kicked in all the stalls.

I remember where I was the first time I saw this episode. Aaron and I were in a hotel in Alpharetta, GA and Beth was at home worried about our roof repair guy named P-Nut. P-Nut turned out to be a great guy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My "Crazy Love" Small Group Discussion Questions

Her Story: Does Satan really exist? Many United Methodists see evil as more subtle.

My Office Quotes: Goodbye, Toby (Plus my thoughts on the Finale and Office Spin-off news)