My Man Card



It's been a good run. 32 years I've hung on to my man card. But it's was with great sadness that I turned it in today, the 25th of August, 2006.

It all started last night when I received an email from Ticketmaster telling me of an upcoming Barney and Friends show at the Greensboro Coliseum in October. Tickets were going on sale Saturday at 10am but I could use a special code and buy them pre-sale today. I deleted the email and moved on but something inside kept bringing me back. Was it the fact that Barney loves me and we're a happy family, or was it the thoughts of Jacob at his first (and Lord willing last) Barney show knowing what a huge Barney fan he is? I took the night to think about it and decided to talk it over with Beth this morning. Once I told her, she too felt conflicted. On one hand Barney stands for all that is wrong with America, but on the other, Jacob loves some Barney, BJ, Baby Bop, and Friends.

So after much agonizing, I decided to purchase 3 tickets to the 2:00pm performance. The cost for an afternoon with everyones favorite purple dinosaur: $20 each and my man card.

I'll miss you man card :(

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My "Crazy Love" Small Group Discussion Questions

Her Story: Does Satan really exist? Many United Methodists see evil as more subtle.

His Story: The Beginning of the End for the David Crowder Band