March Hindsights


This month has for the most part has gone by in a blur. Several times I've wanted to blog about various events in the day-to-day life of this Jesusgreek but never had the time. So today during a much needed sabbath I'm going to try my best to recall a few random hindsight's...

  • "No country for old men" and "3:10 to Yuma" were two of the best movies I've seen in a long time.
  • "Twilight" was one of the worst. Beth swears the books are better but the movie may have done to much harm for me to ever give them a chance.
  • My indoor soccer team at the Y may have went 0-8 this season but I met a lot of very cool folks and had more fun losing then I have had before.
  • I've figured out I'm destined to be a loser the rest of my life. I've never played on a single winning team. I know nothing about the thrill of victory but I can sure tell you a lot about the agony of defeat.
  • I finally got back on my bike for a trip around Salem Lake. I forgot how much I enjoy riding.
  • Church has been amazing the past few months.
  • The youth spring retreat was so indescribable that it will takes weeks to process all that God did. I know without a doubt we have the best students and adult leaders on the planet.
  • I finally watched season one of "Curb your enthusiasm". It may be the most uncomfortable show ever.
  • I'm convinced watching "Lost" makes you smarter while "American Idol" kills brain cells.
  • My kids are so full of life and I pray daily that they keep that joy for life forever.
  • Senior Teague makes Spanish class fun. If all my teachers had been like him I may have actually enjoyed school.
  • I'm finding that I'm often way to worried about the physical and not focused enough on the spiritual.
  • Just because someone has been part of your past doesn't mean they have to be part of your future.
  • There is not a more pure worship leader / musician I've found then Cindy Johnson www.cindyjohnson.org
  • I'll never understand why God allows me to have the life I do. I am so undeserving.

Comments

Kristie said…
how about 2001 -- youth group softball league?... we were undefeated... don't you remember the sweet taste of victory?

PS Darryl and I ordered mountain bikes from a local shop and we're waiting on them to come in... you'll have to come up and we can all go riding on some mt. trails!
Jesusgreek said…
I coached that team, I didn't play on it. But that is my "one shining moment"
Ryan said…
I second the "YUMA" and "No Country". And the "loser" part. heh heh

Popular posts from this blog

My "Crazy Love" Small Group Discussion Questions

My Resonse To Tony Nolan

Her Story: Does Satan really exist? Many United Methodists see evil as more subtle.