My Game Of Catch-Up

Maybe it's just me, but for whatever reason the last two Sunday's at church have been our best back-to-back services in a very long time. Both weeks the people who were there seemed genuinely excited about being there. Our new series has gotten the best reviews of any series I have ever done. The highlights have been the personal sharing times when folks from the congregation have shared there story of how they came to a point to want to follow Christ. they say it better then any pastor ever could.

I have one sick family. Literally, we're sick. First it was maria, then Beth, and now me. I'm sure Jacob will be next unless he is unbreakable like Dwight Schrute.

Speaking of Dwight, "The Office" has been near perfect the past couple of weeks. if you've missed either of them, here are some great quotes:

Dwight: One of my life goals was to die right here, in my desk chair. And today, that dream was shattered.

Dwight: Although I love this company more than almost anything in the world, I have decided to step down from my post and spend more time with my family. I do not fear the unknown. I will meet my new challenges head-on, and I will succeed, and I will laugh in the faces of those who doubt me. It's been a pleasure working with some of you, and I will not forget those of you soon. But remember, while today it is me, we all shall fall. In other words, I'm quitting.

Ryan: Dwight will be missed. Not by me..so much...but he will be missed.

Phyllis: Dwight had a big personality and I have a big personality, and a lot of times, when two people like that get together, it can be explosive.

Oscar: Why don’t you have me riding in on a donkey, into the office, like Pepe?
Michael: Ah, a burro, of course. If Oscar wants a donkey, let’s get him one.

Andy: You, me, bar, beers, buzzed. Wings, shots, drunk. Waitresses, hot. Football, Cornell/Hofstra, slaughter. Then quick nap at my place, and we hit the tis-own.
Michael: No, I don't want to do any of that.
Andy: Duh, which is why I was joking about doing it.
Michael: Would you stop, stop, just stop doing it. You're going to drive me crazy
Andy: Fine, I'll just go sit at my desk and be quiet. Sorry I annoyed you with my friendship.

One of the greatest TV shows in history made it's long awaited return last week with a four hour season premiere. "24" featuring the man I most wish I could be, Jack Bauer, is busy saving the country from yet another terrorist attack. This season features a kinder more gentle Jack as his past 20 months in a Chinese prison have softened him up. I have a feeling it want stick though.

We finally had out first snow fall of the year this past week. It wasn't much and it was all melted by afternoon but at least it was something. I dressed up the kids and we played outside for a bit.


Beth and I watched "Garden State" featuring Zack Braff from 'Scrubs" and Natalie Portman this past weekend. It was written and directed by Braff. It was pretty good. The over all theme was positive and it had some touching moments. The thing I liked most about it was how different it was from most movies today. It was not a cookie cutter, same as everything else Hollywood produces style film. It was original and quirky. I give it 2 1/2 stars out of 4.

I'm reading 3 books right now. "Eiger Dreams", "The Bedford Boys" and "Voices of Valor". I'll give my review in a week or so when I finish them.

I booked my trip to "Thirsty '07" last week. This year I'll be going with my friend Darryl. I'm very excited not just for the Thirsty conferecne but to have time to hang out with Darryl.

Well that's about it. I'm all caught up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My "Crazy Love" Small Group Discussion Questions

Her Story: Does Satan really exist? Many United Methodists see evil as more subtle.

My Office Quotes: Goodbye, Toby (Plus my thoughts on the Finale and Office Spin-off news)