My Daddy Daycare

I'm not to sure what happened to this past weekend but all I know is I just woke up and it's Monday. Where did the last three days go?

Beth had her 10 year reunion at Salem College this past weekend. She left at 11am on Friday and I didn't see her again until 1:00 pm Sunday. No she didn't have to go out of town, the college is only 20 minutes from our house. The deal with Salem is it's an all girls school (A women's college if you ask my wife or any other graduate) so it basically functions as one big sorority. (Again I'm sure I'm not winning any popularity votes with the Salem chicks) Which is not necessarily a bad thing. My wife has closer bonds with her college friends then anyone else I know. Most people couldn't believe Beth's reunion would take all weekend but with Salem there really isn't much of a choice because the community between the women is so tight. So when reunion weekend comes around, it isn't just an activity, it's an event. An event that takes three days to complete. That's where "Mike's daddy daycare" comes in.

While Beth was off with her sorority sisters...eerrrr classmates, I got the stay home all weekend with the kids. I'll admit that at first the thoughts of spending my entire weekend chasing around my kids made me a bit tense. Not because I didn't want to spend time with them but because entertaining a 2 & 4 year old can wear you out. But I tried to keep a positive mind and give it my best shot. After lots of time playing outside, walking around the block, watching "Cars" for the 5,000th time, playing hide and go seek, reading, napping, eating, and dancing, this weekend was one of my most enjoyable at home in a very long time. I was able to shut everything down that would normally be taking time away from my family and focus solely on them. The kids and I had a great time and they were angels for me. This was definitely one of those time when God knew I needed "daddy daycare" time with my kids. I'm just glad I slowed down enough to enjoy it.

On a side note: As good as the weekend was, it is nice to have mom back with us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My "Crazy Love" Small Group Discussion Questions

Her Story: Does Satan really exist? Many United Methodists see evil as more subtle.

My Office Quotes: Goodbye, Toby (Plus my thoughts on the Finale and Office Spin-off news)