My Movie Reviews: Cars, Were-Rabbit, Friday Night Lights

Cars
In my opinion, "Cars" is the best animated movie ever. At the very least it's taken the number one spot in my animated favorites list. This movie has it all: amazing special effects and animation, great characters, terrific story, well thought out dialog, and the watch-ablility to see it again and again. (I saw it twice in 5 days) I'm not a big "Larry The Cable Guy" fan but his character "Mater" stole the show. There are several themes throughout this movie that could easily set up a month worth of sermons. And the sound track was a surprising bonus. The James Taylor song alone is worth the price of the CD. Overall I'd give "Cars" 4 stars.

Wallace and Grommit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit
I know it's been out a while but I just got around to watching it. I'm not to familiar with any previous Wallace anf Grommit movies but I did like "Chicken Run" so I figured since this was done by the same guys then it might be worth watching. It was and more. This movie won an Oscar for best animated film this past year and after watching it I can see why. Like "Cars" this film has all the right qualities. Great story, dialog, and animation. My only personal dis-satisfaction with this film is the claymation. Don't get me wrong, it was the best I have ever seen but I'm just not the biggest fan of that type of movie. Over all I'd give it a solid 3 stars.

Friday Night Lights
This film came highly recommended by a friend who claimed it may be the best sports movie ever. I had my doubts since we all know Rocky 5 is (JK) This movie is based off a best selling award winning book of the same title. It's a true story that follows a high school football team's quest for the Texas 5-A state championship in 1988. Here is all you need to know about the film and how god is was. Beth had no interest in watching it, so she asked me to watch it late one night as she was going to sleep (so it would help her fall asleep) Once the movie began, Beth was on the edge of her seat (or would it be bed) It got so late that Beth asked if we could cut it off and finish watching it the next night because she didn't want to miss anything. When we finished watching it, Beth and I agreed it was one of the best sport films ever. The story was gripping and the bonus feature that documents the real life players is a must see. I give this movie 3 1/2 stars.

That leads me to my question for anyone who reads this. What are your top 5 sports movies of all time? Mine, no particular order, are:
- Friday Night Lights
- Rocky 2
- Remember The Titans
- A League of Their Own
- Hooisers

Comments

Erin said…
Okay gotta say something to this one...sorry I have been gone for a while. Friday Night Lights is a good movie but it's much, much different when you are living it. I am from a small town and we went to the State Championship my junior year of high school. We played our rivals, the only team that had beat us all year. The quarterback for the opposing team happened to be a childhood friend while our tight end was my boyfriend at the time. I didn't care about my childhood friend because I wanted my school to win. We didn't. We lost by one touchdown. It was horrible. There were players in the middle of the field on their knees. It was an awful ride home. I wouldn't wish this movie on anyone.

Popular posts from this blog

My "Crazy Love" Small Group Discussion Questions

Her Story: Does Satan really exist? Many United Methodists see evil as more subtle.

My Office Quotes: Goodbye, Toby (Plus my thoughts on the Finale and Office Spin-off news)