The Perfect Date Night?

Saturday Beth and I found ourselves surprisingly without children so we wanted to take full advantage of a rare opportunity.

Dinner
We had a coupon (yes we're frugal like that) for an Italian place in Winston called "Paul's Fine Italian Dining" www.paulsfineitaliandining.com We had no idea what to expect since we had both never heard of the place. So being the adventurous couple we are we gave it a try. We were not disappointed. It was amazing! Some of the best Italian food I have ever eaten. Everything there is homemade from the bread, to the pasta, to the salads that Paul grows in his own garden. We'll be back and we highly recommend this place to anyone.

Dessert
A new dessert shop opened just down the block from the church and they had their grand opening on Saturday. So on our way home we stopped by to support our new neighbors. It's called the "The Chocolate Chip" and they serve homemade cookies, cobbler, cakes, pies, and more. The atmosphere was very cool and the slice of Oreo cake I had was perfect. I have a feeling I'll be making many trips down the sidewalk in the coming weeks.

Movie
After numerous recommendations to watch "Gran Torino" that stars Clint Eastwood as Walt Kowalski, a widower, grumpy, tough-minded, borderline-hateful, unhappy old man who can't get along with either his kids or his neighbors, a Korean War veteran whose prize possession is a 1973 Gran Torino he keeps in mint condition. When his neighbor Tao, a young Hmong teenager, tries to steal his Gran Torino, Kowalski sets out to reform the youth. Drawn against his will into the life of Tao's family, Kowalski is soon taking steps to protect them form the gangs that are destroying their neighborhood. The movie was a terrific ending to a great night. It's 4 Stars and a must see.

Comments

Kaylyn said…
A- where is The Chocolate Chip???? Never heard of it and need to check this place out!

B- did you know my friend Dreama is in that movie? Ya, I know someone famous. :) I still haven't seen it though...some friend I am.

Popular posts from this blog

My "Crazy Love" Small Group Discussion Questions

Her Story: Does Satan really exist? Many United Methodists see evil as more subtle.

My Office Quotes: Goodbye, Toby (Plus my thoughts on the Finale and Office Spin-off news)