My Reviews: Fantastic Four, Penguins, & The Da Vinci Code

Three quick reviews so let's get to it:
1) Fantastic Four. I wasn't expecting much and that's what I got. The special effects were ok and the story was good but the acting and dialog was terrible. I kept waiting for the "wonk, wonk, woooonk" sound effect after all their corny jokes. The guy who played Reed Richards (Mr. Fantastic) was horrible and Jessica Alba wasn't much better. It was much better then the Hulk and just a touch better than Daredevil but no where near as good as X-Men, Spiderman, or the latest Batman. A big thumb down and 1 out of 4 stars.

2) March of the Penguins. MUST SEE!! This is by far the best nature documentary I've ever seen. And if you know me I'm not really into those type documentaries. It was really interesting and dare I say gripping from the very begining. It had everyhting; love, excitment, death, sorrow, feel good moments, and even some humor. Morgan Freeman narrates this film about the penguins in Anartica that march 70 miles every summer to find a mate and keep their egg warm during the harsh winters (80 deg. below 0 not counting the 100mph winds) It really was a great film. 3 1/2 stars and a big thumb up!

3) The Da Vinci Code. I didn't finish it as fast as Jeremy but I did read it in a week which is a new record for me for a book that size. I really couldn't put it down. I never thought I would have read it to begin with but it ended up being one of the top 3 fiction books I have ever read. It had great characters, action, suspense, dialog, twist, and ending. That being said I can see why it is such a dangerous book. If someone reads it that is searching and /or is weak in the faith this book can really put some messed up ideas in your head. I really wish I could be at Beth's book club discussion on it. If you don't read it you are missing out on a great read.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My "Crazy Love" Small Group Discussion Questions

Her Story: Does Satan really exist? Many United Methodists see evil as more subtle.

My Office Quotes: Goodbye, Toby (Plus my thoughts on the Finale and Office Spin-off news)