Our Censored Church Radio Ad

I was recently asked by my good friend Sam Main to record an ad spot for our church that would run during his Masculine Journey radio show on a local Christian radio station. I wrote up a 2 min script that featured two guys discussing church. After we finished recording the spot, the ad was vetoed by management for being too edgy for Christian radio. At my request, the offensive word was replaced by a beep, which actually made the ad funnier. After initially getting approved, the ad was pulled again at the last minute after the powers that be deemed the beep to be “too suggestive”. Here is the link to the censored (and currently banned) radio ad for Main Street Baptist Church.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My "Crazy Love" Small Group Discussion Questions

Her Story: Does Satan really exist? Many United Methodists see evil as more subtle.

My Office Quotes: Goodbye, Toby (Plus my thoughts on the Finale and Office Spin-off news)